I wrote earlier this week on Be the Story about how I was getting into In Plain Sight. Unfortunately, if you’re unfamiliar with the show, I can neither confirm nor deny that it even exists. We all know, you know, but we don’t actually know. The location at which this game will occur is also top-secret.
And please, if you invite Jinx and Peter, fill their glasses with plain orange juice or tomato juice or apple juice or some other suitably thick and/or sweet liquid. At least they’ll be able to get sick with you.
Here are the rules:
- Drink if Mary snaps at Stan or anyone else who could turn her life into a living hell.
- … or if she says something intentionally insensitive to a grieving witness.
- … or if she walks out on Raph or another loved one while he’s trying to be communicative.
- … or if she goes out of her way to avoid apologizing.
- Drink if Mary gives legal counsel to a witness or family member suspected or accused of a crime. Make it a shot if the high-priced idiot defense attorney is actually in the room with them.
- If Jinx or Brandi cries, take a drink. (Make sure to drink twice if they’re crying together.)
- Take a drink whenever anyone mentions Mary’s estranged father, whom she hasn’t seen in umpteen years since she was a little girl, but whom she apparently has obsessed over every day of her adult life. Make it a double if tears are involved.
- Drink whenever a witness breaks a WITSEC rule.
- … and if the witness did something that could obviously and directly get him killed, make it a double.
- … and if he did it on purpose, make it a triple.
- … and down an additional shot if gunplay results.
- Speaking of gunplay, take a drink whenever a US Marshal pulls his or her gun on an innocent person, then re-holsters it without a second thought. And feel free to let out an “Oy vey!” beforehand. (Just not during the Jewish episode.)
- Whenever Mary or Marshall pull out their badges for personal reasons, drink. Drink again if they also pull out their guns.
- Take a shot if three or more government agencies are all mentioned together in the same scene.
- Lastly, drink whenever Brandi calls Raph “Chico.”
Please submit additional rules below, but be careful not to break any of them, or you could be expelled from the program.